We are actively seeking candidates for this position! When you’re ready to apply, you can find the link to our application form at the bottom of this page.
We’re a website agency that specializes in web strategy, web design, web development, and marketing for the manufacturing, cannabis, and non-profit industries.
We’re obsessed with helping our clients grow and see business results from their websites. And we’re committed to building a super-fun company for our clients and team that helps contribute to a meaningful life.
Currently, we have a small remote team based across the globe and are interested in hiring remote workers.
Web Designer Overview
Our WordPress developers love WordPress and are adept at transforming requirements into efficiently configured, performant, data models and know how to provide an exceptional admin experience for our clients. They’re equally comfortable building smaller sites end-to-end or configuring and architecting larger sites where data requirements and functionality need their specialized expertise.
To be successful in this role, you will need to see out multiple projects at a time from conception to final product, requiring good organizational skills and attention to detail.
Our WordPress Developers
- Build new sites using WordPress.
- Write clean and effective code and know when to separate functionality into plugins.
- Have experience defining and implementing data models.
- Understand how to write performant queries and, more generally, how to get the most out of WordPress.
- Have experience building interfaces from designs and can pitch in on this work occasionally when needed.
- Enjoy keeping up with WordPress updates and the ever-evolving landscape of plugins, while staying pragmatic about what to invest their time and energy in.
- Embody our core values of honesty, vulnerability, and truth (especially important as we continually evaluate and embrace new technologies).
- Value mentorship, learning, and sharing knowledge.
- Are self-managed and enjoy working independently as a part of a larger team.
- Listen, collaborate, and communicate exceptionally well.
In a given week, our WordPress Developers might be
- In the thick of one large project or balancing 3 – 4 smaller development tasks. There is no typical week when it comes to projects, but the ability to context switch is essential.
- Collaborating with the project team during early design phases to help shape the scope and success of a project.
- Working with a data model in WordPress, building out a design or writing WordPress plugins in PHP. Our WordPress developers are equally comfortable in the front-end and back-end of the platform.
- Reviewing pull requests from other developers on the same project or across projects. We view PR reviews as opportunities to practice our “always learning and teaching” ethos.
- Attending team meetings that are designed for sharing knowledge, surfacing concerns, and generally bringing together a group that is usually working separately across many projects.
Compensation and Benefits
- Annual base salary depending on location, skills, and experience
- Additional comp available via spot performance bonuses, sales referrals, and new hire referrals
- Stipends for wellness (apps, gyms, etc.) and connectivity (mobile phone or home internet)
- 15 days PTO (20 after 2 years), 9 paid holidays